Are you looking forward to playing Fortnite on your shiny new PS5? Do you find that the standard 60 frames per second is simply not enough? You’ll be relieved to know that the PS5 supports frame rates up to 120 hertz. Here, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to get Fortnite running at 120 fps on PS5.
1. Comprehending Frame Rate and Refresh Rate on PS5
Among the most significant modifications experienced when video gaming with the PlayStation 5 (PS5) is how it deals with frame rate and revitalize rate. This can often be puzzling for players, so let’s put in the time to comprehend its parts.
- Frame Rate: The frame rate (most typically determined in frames per second) is the rate at which a console has the ability to show specific frames, or images, of a video game.
- Refresh Rate: The pace at which a screen can display a new image is called its refresh rate, and it is measured in hertz.
Comprehending the distinctions in between these 2 criteria is necessary for PS5 players, as they are essential for guaranteeing the very best video gaming experience. Making use of these functions will assist you get the most out of your video gaming experience.
2. Setting Up Fortnite for 120Hz Refresh Rate on PS5
Here are some steps to take to optimise your PS5 for a 120Hz Refresh Rate in Fortnite, should you already have everything set up and be looking to maximise your gaming experience.
- In the PS5 Settings menu, choose “Sound and Screen
- Make sure that “Video Output Settings” is chosen
- Select a 120Hz Refresh Rate — Depending on the maximum resolution of your screen, your options may change.
- Scroll down and choose “General”
- Discover “Game Mode” and allow it
- Release Fortnite — It should be operating at 120 Hz presently.
We hope this guide has actually been valuable in establishing your PlayStation 5 console for 120hz Fortnite gameplay. While manual tinkering might be essential on console, the compromise deserves it for those looking for the greatest quality and one-upmanship that features such a setup. All the best and have a good time!